[geeks] Software Bloat

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 16:16:10 CST 2001

Wow, is it just me or does anyone else feel old too?

"... when BASIC had line numbers" indeed!

Joshua, you crack me up... Maybe some day I'll explain
to you why real programers only code up to column 71,
and what it means to have a character in the 72nd
column... ;^)

Of course, you'll have to come visit me at the "old
Coders Home", where we sit around and reminisce about
punching humorous patterns with the papertape punch...

Oh, and the joy we felt when we could upgrade to the
"god-like" speed of 300 baud dial-up access to the
mainframe!

Ken

--- Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> My parents can follow basic code and basic like
> code.  Hence python shouldn't
> be any trouble.  I don't know why Mom learned basic
> originally (many long years
> ago, when basic had line numbers), but she mainly
> just touches occasionally in
> Access.  Dad mainly just touches it in Excel or
> Access.

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com