[geeks] Psst, anyone want tickets for Lord of the Rings? (was: MacOS X (was: Happy Holidays, everyone.))

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 13:46:29 CST 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 02:13:19PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [[ why can't you people change the subject line when you change the
>    topic of conversation!?!?!?!?!?  :-(  ]]

Cos we like it like that.  Hey, we can even change it when we don't change
the topic of the message!

> Andrew Weiss wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> > > I like my TiBook. Didn't even bother installing Classic, and formatted
> > > the drive as UFS - don't even try telling me it's not *NIX. :)
> > It must be really slow then.  OS X seems to work best with HFS+.  Every
> > time I used UFS it was a dog.  I learned my lesson long ago.
> albiet far less securely and undoubtably with less integrity too (though
> the latter has yet to be proven), and furthermore with some non-unix-like
> restrictions on the way the filenames work

Don't suppose anyone knows of a way to upgrade from HFS+ to UFS without
a reformat/re-install?  A bit like WinNT can do when upgrading from Win9x.

Yes, Microshaft in "doing something right" shock!

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery