[geeks] RE: geeks digest, Vol 1 #663 - 21 msgs

Tom Borton geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 12:44:02 CST 2001

>> Usually, when I spot a new toy and talk to her about it, she
>> rolls her eyes upward, sighs, and says "How much?"

> that's freaky. the first thing i ask (and i roll my eyes and sigh too)
is
> "how big?". :)

If she knew how big that E10K chassis was, I'd probably get that look,
too -
we have two young girls and very generous grandparents, so my workroom
is
too packed with Xmas boxes for me to get away with it.  Unless I move
this
here and that over there...hmm.

> we started attacking the cluttermonster when we started redoing this
> joint. so far its been a case of me attempting to understand why a
pdp-11
> would hold sentimental value and him trying to fathom why a linen
> tablecloth is invaluable. in retrospect it'd be funny to watch
secondhand
> when we hire dumpsters out on clearing days. :)

Linen?  What's that?  I'm lucky that I can put my plate down on the
formica
table amidst all the crayons, drawings, play-doh...  Although, strangely

enough, there's usually just enough room for me to *cook* the food.