SUV's (was: Re: [geeks] new lists? 8-))

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 22:35:00 CST 2001

"Peter L. Wargo" wrote:

> > Ahahahaha! Someone who has an SUV --- and it's not an automatic! Next
> > you'll be telling me the interior is *too* *good* to haul kids around
> > in...
>
> We have a 5-speed '94 toyouta 4Runner SR-5 (V6, with some minor mods).  In
> its 131K miles, it has not only hauled us and the dogs around, but it has

Hurf. I have a 1971 Jeep Jeepster. It's got 429,000 miles on it. _I_ put
the automatic in place of the three-speed. _I_ put the air conditioning,
power steering and carpeting in. (I also have an Olds 350 that's going
in soon.) _I_ reupholstered the seats. I want the most comfortable, most
powerfull thing that'll take me anywhere I want to go in it. Some people
buy it instead of doing it themselves. I would if I could. If I had the
$$$, I'd drive a Hummer.

I think some people buy SUVs because they'd like to think they could
take it wherever they want to go. The reality that they never go
anywhere a minivan wouldn't do just as well is irrelevant.

---sambo