[geeks] Spouses and stuff (was Re: new lists?)

Tom Borton geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 19:45:52 CST 2001

Amy,

I'm a bit late posting this, but I loved your rant today - my wife gets
much the same.  "How can you put up with him collecting all that JUNK?"
She just shrugs her shoulders, and in private we laugh about the fact
that she knew I collected computers (and books) long before we got
married.  Usually, when I spot a new toy and talk to her about it, she
rolls her eyes upward, sighs, and says "How much?"  She sees that I use
most of the collection at some point and that I'm not throwing money
away (I manage the budget anyway, so I don't think I could if I tried).

I'm also lucky in that she's a worse clutterbug than I am, so even if my
collections take up more volume, her stuff is in the way a lot more than
mine.

Oh, and what kitchen-ware would you get for an empty Sun E10K chassis?
I'm still trying to figure out if I want to haul it home from the local
junk collector.  And I'd rather have my mini-van than an SUV - my
Windstar with the seats removed has about 60% more cargo space than a
comparable SUV because of the lower chassis.

Tom

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Amy wrote:
<snip>
> it has to get to
> that state, folks, before i'll even grumble. even then all im asking
is for
> them to be stacked neatly so i can go about my housecleaning.
<snip>