[geeks] A little self-depreciation.

Dave McGuire geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 16:16:29 CST 2001

On December 13, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> Speaking of funny things, (and trying to distract Ken and Bill from
> another potential flamewar) a friend just sent me a link to a post I made
> back before I met Chandra. (About 5 months before!).  Not that I was still
> using my old Clarkson U. account, which I used for Email until basenji.com
> came online in 94.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wargopl%40sun+SWM&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=1990Jun26.053116.21734%40sun.soe.clarkson.edu
>
> I find it quite funny now.

  Fear!  I used to hang out on that newsgroup in '93 or so.  Hilarious
crowd of regulars there.  Ever run into Raina Weinberg?  She was a
riot.  Howbout Jessica Babylon (a.k.a babble-on)?  Or perhaps the
immortal Doug Cohen, the lech with his own FAQ.  He lived down the
street from me; I used to swap him stuff for Unibus boards when he'd
steal them from his job at UMD.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire