[geeks] SHOULD I GET A SUNBLADE 100

Scott Howard geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 15:31:08 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 03:58:13PM +0100, William S . wrote:
> Does anyone know that if I bought a Sun product such as
> a U60 in the USA and brought it back with me to
> the Netherlands if it would be covered by the warrenty
> over here by the local Sun distributor?

Nope.  Sun warranties are valid only in the country of purchase.

> As long as the machine is less than 80lbs, I think
> it would qualify as an additional checkin with
> my return flight. Just pondering the feasibility of this.

Some airlines would consider this "commercial cargo" and may not let you
carry it without paying extra.  I'd suggest contacting the airline before
hand and confirming it's OK. You can probably get them to increase your
luggage allowance at the same time.

  Scott