[geeks] SHOULD I GET A SUNBLADE 100

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 15:15:38 CST 2001

No, Mr. Wisenheimer, I've shipped SS/5s and Ultra 30s
to UK/Ireland for $100-150, 4-6 week delivery. If
someone is willing to put up with that cost & wait, it
leads me to believe one of two things:

   I priced the system *way* too low

   There may not be many other options available

I choose to believe the latter.

I was not implying they are behind the times (*we* are
with 5-10 year old systems!), but they are a smaller
market and their options may be limited.

If Comdisco is willing to sell an Ultra 60 for under
$1K in the US, that doesn't mean that similar units
are available in the UK... Pete was working under that
assumption IMHO.

Ken