[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 14:13:40 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> helper, and premade sauces like Ragu (BTW, their Alfredo sauce sucks.  I didn't
> feel like cooking last night, so I tried buying a bottle).

I think all of Ragu's red sauces are watery ... I personally like Prego...
thick, chunky, sweet, and flavorful.

> BTW, SOAR is pretty cool, although there are some real idiots with recipies
> posted to it.  Oh well.  The Joy of Cooking is also really good.

Everyone who has the newer Joy of Cooking circa 90's.... try the recipe on
page 315 for Roasted Red Pepper and Herbed Goat Cheese Lasagna... it's
great... but never use Barilla no-boil pasta for it.  I think it's best
with San Giorgio Ripple edge flat lasagna.  Also good with real
Parmiggiano Reggiano.

and anyone who has the 1970's edition let me know.  My dad has this one
and the Chicken Paprikash recipe in it is much better than the new
version's... also like the Tamale pie in there better.  (Why do they have
to be wussies and change the darn recipes...?)  Great book, however, to
learn about ingredients, proper storage, and new uses.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.