[geeks] sgi i2 opengl/glut perf question

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 12:08:43 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:51:57PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On December 13, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > which will eat of more memory.  Plus, does one RE2 boardset support multiple
> > heads?  If so, that is even more memory gone really fast.
>
>   You can put six heads on an RE2 with the MCO board.

True, but they aren't really seperate heads.  They are 6 regions being grabbed
from the main framebuffer and spit out to video.  It is cool, but not something
that does you much good if you were interested in multiple 20" hi-res monitors.

Or at least, that is the way the MCO at school works.  I suppose there might be
other ways to configure it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd