[geeks] SHOULD I GET A SUNBLADE 100

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 22:44:48 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:35:34PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> I would spend the $1k on a good-condition Ultra 60.  Better box, more
> flexibilty, two procs, etc.  The blade 100 is good, but not inspiring.
> (I've been tempted by my employee discount, though!)

The Blade 100 is great, but not *that* great.  I've got one with 512meg
and the Expert3D-Lite, and mozilla is *still* slow... but I think a lot of
my "slowness" comes from mozilla itself.  NS4 is fast, etc....

Of course, I'm spoiled here at home with 2x the CPU speed.

Anybody have opinions on the Expert3D-Lite versus Creator3D Series3?
I'm wondering if the E3D-Lite might be better than the C3D in this
Blade1K here at home... all I do is desktop/netscape/ssh/etc, occasional
showmetv (mpeg), no 3D or texturing..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford