[geeks] Sunblade 1K vs MacG4 vs Ultra 60

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 19:23:16 CST 2001

> > > Ran RC5.
> > > The 450Mhz G4 Cube *smoked* the 900Mhz UltraSPARC-III.
> > Gee, I wonder if we could get the source... I imagine I could get a
tuned
> > version going...

Essentially, they can set up a bit slicing core for RC5 in the small vector
engine on the G4.  They cannot fit one in the P4's vector engine (apparently
thats too small to actually use), and I don't believe any UltraSPARC
processors have a vector engine (correct me if I'm using marketese, but that
is the term, correct?), on top of which, the (RC5) core is not optimized
well.
    Zach