[geeks] awwwyeah.

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 13:22:54 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> > I can think of better ways to get 1GHz...
>
> That *is* a GHz if you use Intel Addition (tm).

Besides doesn't one lose half a CPU or more in spinlock overhead?
I.e. my dual PPro 200 runs like a 300 Mhz machine...

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.