[geeks] Sunblade 1K vs MacG4 vs Ultra 60

Dave McGuire geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 12:04:54 CST 2001

On December 12, Big Endian wrote:
> I'd say G4, then blade 1k, then u60.  But my personal choice would be
> more along the lines of G4 (dual 800), Octane2(Dual 500), blade

  Yeah, but 800MHz and 500MHz of apples and oranges.  I know nothing
about the Octane2, and I'll never knock a G4 (which I love, both the
chips and the Macs built around them), but the R12K is an AMAZING
processor...I'd bet that dual R12K/500 would probably give a dual
G4/800 a serious run for its money.

  C'mon Dan...I KNOW you know it comes down to more than just clock
speed. ;)

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire