[geeks] Thoughts re: corporate software replacement

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 10:16:54 CST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Fogg, James wrote:

> Job security like I've never seen. I don't think Federal employees have it
> any better.
>
> Or am I looking at it the wrong way.

Heh yeah... great idea though... no this company is so poor they arent'
going to be around much longer... They randomly skip paying my boss for
weeks at a time.  I'm lucky I've been paid so far.  I was hoping to get by
on trial licenses or free software.  Job security isn't what I'm after...
since well ... they'd probably sink the ship with me in it so to speak.
They prefer not paying people to laying people off.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.