[geeks] Hrm. Suspicious

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 23:19:22 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Hey!  I dunno about most of you, but I find the SS20 to be more valuable
> > than an Ultra-1 right now.  Right Ken?

> Any particular reason why, other than 4x180 sounding cooler than 1x225?

SS20 is still a damn decent box, built like a tank, up to 4 procs (I
prefer Supersparc II's, at 75 or 85MHz), decent room for RAM, as well as
the ability to do onboard (slow) 24-bit video *and* a buttload of SBUS
cards.  Makes a better server (IMO) than a U1.

I love U1's, too - I just think the SS20 was a slick system.  It's not all
about pure speed, ya know.

-Pete