[geeks] TORX Question - Mac SE/30 tool - what wrench?

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 20:21:48 CST 2001

AW> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Mike Hebel wrote:

>> It's not a T-8, it's a T-10 or a T-15 and they are available in 10

AW> Maybe I'm thinking of hard drives and powerbooks.  One of those items uses
AW> non standard Torx sizes so they can't be opened easily.

Powerbooks, at least my 540c is, are T9's.  I had to buy a whole set
of screwdrivers to get one that was the right size - in effect $20 for
one screwdriver.  Almost as bad as the T6 I had to buy to open one of
the Thinkpad 701C notebook sides.  The smallest torx I've ever seen on
the sides of those.

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc