[geeks] Thoughts re: corporate software replacement

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 18:43:02 CST 2001

What's wrong with Citrix?

I run a Linux client at work now (P/III 933 MHz, 1 GHz RAM - nice thin
client!), and will be taking one of my Ultra 1-170s there to try that out as
well - all running Citrix clietns to access all that *crappy, useless,
horrible* software that I couldn't do my job without. And, cut-and-paste
across environments works seamlessly.

The work I do could be done in other ways, using other technologies, but
*this* job uses *these* technologies - it is a given, and I *choose* to
stay.

Ken