[geeks] Hrm. Suspicious

Mike Nicewonger geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 18:10:54 CST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, you wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 07:03:39PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > We had a car dealer just outside Princeton that wa sselling Chevys for
> > *cash* and had no problem explaining to interested buyers how and where to
> > store "valuable" cargo from curious on-lookers. The State Police and GM shut
> > the dealer down, and confiscated the dealership (the cars went back to
> > GMAC).
>

> What was wrong with selling the cars for cash?  And if you are using cash to
> buy such a vehicle, then it makes sense to want advice on how to store said
> cash, as well as other valuables, like heirloom jewelry.

Honestly, selling cars for cash is counter profit for a car dealer. Most car
dealers make money on hooking you up with financing from 'thier' lenders.

Most likely is that the dealer was pocketing the dough and not paying GMAC for
his floor plan. Which is basically why GMAC repo'ed the cars. Of course that
also makes for a thing called embezelment which explains the involvement of the
state police.

Mike N