[rescue] Re: [geeks] anybody got a cabletron supportcontract?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 23:06:00 CST 2001

nick at snowman.net wrote:

> On a related note I've got a Cisco 2912 that seems to be fried.  Nothing
> on the console ports, lights go up and all stay lit.  Anyone have any clue
> on how to fix it?

Sadness. According to the Book (which I'm holding in my lap as I type)
"When the POST completes successfully, all port status LEDs are off,
indicating that the switch is operational. If a test fails, the port
status LED associated with the test turns amber, and the system LED
turns amber (see Chapter 3, "Troubleshooting", for more information).

"POST failures are almost always fatal. Call Cisco Systems immediately
if your switch does not pass POST."

Sorry, there's nothing in Chapter 3 about all lights on. I had a 2900
that did that. I threw it away.

---sambo