[geeks] Where to get PC parts?

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 18:29:27 CST 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 03:28:59PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> So, I'm looking at purchasing a GeForce 3 Ti 200 card.  Where do YOU folks
> (who but PC parts on occasion) go for good deals, but reliable service?
>
> I don't REALLY just want to pick Joe Schmoe off of Pricewatch, because some
> of them are scumbags.  Anybody here have a favorite vendor?

I have yet to find a reasonable vender.  Even brick and morter stores around
here are no more reliable than people on ebay, or at shows, etc.  I try to make
sure the item has a factory warranty such that I deal only with the manufactor.

BTW, be carefull who you buy Compaqs from.  Unless you purchase directly from
an authorized dealer, Compaq will not willingly do much for you when you have
problems.

--
Joshua D. Boyd