[geeks] opinion on Cabletron equipment?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 17:17:13 CST 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:13:24PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> All the Cabletron gear I've used & sold has been pretty bulletproof,
> especially their switches.  Fast as shit for the money.

This is what I"ve got:

http://www.enterasys.com/products/items/2H252-25R/

Nice switch, etc, but sometimes i just get "ehhh..." feelings
when using anything thats not that comforting Cisco-blue color. 8-)

(or something that evolved into cisco; like this Kalpana 10bt switch
 here at the house..)

Gonna fire up (hope I have the right rj45-db9 connector somewhere) tonight,
run extended diags, and hopefully put the latest firmware onnit.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net