[Fwd: Re: [geeks] ORBit under IRIX]

Michael Meeks geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 06:44:09 CST 2001

Hi Dave,

On 9 Dec 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Howdy folks!  A friend was mentioning trouble compiling ORBit (0.5.12)
> on IRIX.  I was wondering if anybody could give him some pointers as to
> what to try.  Message attached.  Thanks,
>
> Making all in orb
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/people/mcguire/src/t/ORBit-0.5.12/src/orb'
> ../../src/orbit-idl-compiler/orbit-idl --noskels
> ../../src/daemons/interface_repository/interface_repository.idl
> ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libm.so is not used for resolving any
> symbol.  Error: Empty file

	This looks like the IDL compiler is linked against the math
library, and yet uses no symbols from it - and this causes your system
to barf. If so that's unbelievably broken.

	Thus I think in actual fact you've somehow not got the
interface_repository.idl on your system - or it got truncated somehow.
Can you verify that this file contains valid contents, and that you can
run the IDL compiler correctly on some other file.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 mmeeks at gnu.org  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot