[geeks] ARGH. KVMs

Geoff Reed geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 9 19:56:42 CST 2001

Yup, Raritan paragon :)  the ONLY way to handle a rack with 50 1U servers
in it :):):)  Sweet setup.  most of them use a "dong;e" type device that
hooks up to the kbd/mouse/monitor out, and converts it to a cat 5 cable, we
put 2 wire "ladders" in the sides of our racks and zip-tie the dongles to
them, then run bundles of cat 5e cabling to the paragon.... sweet setup :)