[geeks] I'm Going To Jail (was) Starshine 3

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 14:24:56 CST 2001

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> Of course, somewhere a Carnivore system has flagged our emails and the CIA
> or FBI is going to show up on my doorstep.

Nah. I *am* Carnivore, and I'm bypassing the geeks list forever.

I actually had someone believe that once. I own ominsky.net, and the
OmniSky service uses omnisky.net for user e-mail addresses. See this:

ominsky.net
omnisky.net

So I get all sorts of mail. I generally ignore it, but if a number of
pieces come from the same person, I assume it's a typo in their address
book, and write to tell them so. I don't necessarily explain it all,
just a quick "You got it wrong, it's omnisky.net, not ominsky.net". Now
and again, I'll get a reply to the effect of "who the hell are you and
how do you know what's in my address book?". Being the jackass that I
am, I can't help myself. I've claimed all sorts of things, from
Carnivore to "internet traffic crossing guard".

Heh.

---sambo