[geeks] ARGH. KVMs

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 13:41:46 CST 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 10:44, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> Heh.  This probably won't be helpful, but a friend of mine works
> for Belkin (a small engineering firm they swallowed) and I know
> they are finishing a KVM.  That probably won't help you as I'm
> sure it won't go into full production for a month or so yet...

I've found that the 'manual' type KVM switches are made incredibly
poorly, resulting in bad ghosting on "high bandwidth" video (high
resolution/high refresh rate).
I've owned three, err no, five belkin PS2/PC15 KVMs within the past
year.  As it turns out, there are KVM's on the front page of
belkin.com.  I had one of their 2-port models, that handled a 1600x1200
signal at 72Hz without any noticeable ghosting.  They've got a 2-port
lsted at $130, but that's got too many bells and whistles (audio?!?).
Here's the URL I got from messing around for a 2-port model at $80.
Hmm, if I can find this for $50, I might just get one myself.  :-)
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_ID=122077
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.