[geeks] FOIRL card rant

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 20:46:54 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 07:16:22PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> $102 for membership? I think not.

I just paid $45 for membership at Costco, but we made up for it
in what we saved.  We've been eating off paper plates and plastic
cups lately (cuz we're lazy at times), and so far:

Normal cost for 20 plastic cups at corner store: $1.50

Cost for 200 plastic cups at Costco: $5.50

Normal cost for 10 Chinet "paper" plates at grocery store $5

Cost for 200 Chinet "paper" plates at Costco: $7.99

Plus, we got three Lego sets, that are normally $29, for $23 each.

I figure, that in tonight's Costco trip, we saved (or "broke even"
on the membership) to the amount of $50 or so, all told.

Bill (plus, I got a nifty 3" LCD "atomic" clock for $19.95...)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX