[geeks] "IT" / Segway.

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 16:33:26 CST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, James Sharp wrote:

> > I get a kick out of the "trumpet" mufflers that kids put on their Hondas and
> > Toyotas.  Does tha "braaaap!" sound make it go faster?  Every time I hear
> > one, I think back to the 2-stroke dirt bike I had in highschool - made a
> > very similar noise...
>
> The "Pissed Off Bee in a Beer Can" exhaust.

I always called them coffee can mufflers because that's what they kind of
look like.  Of course I laugh at the people who have those and the tires
that stick out beyond the side edges of the car and are super thin wheel
to pavement.  Awful chrome everywhere with gold highlights... CD dangling
from the mirror, and it's still an ordinary Japanese car.

AJ

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.