[geeks] "IT" / Segway.

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 16:22:12 CST 2001

> > I had an '89 Jetta that I damn close to rice'ing - just because I
couldn't
> > think of anything better to do with it...
>
> I love thinking of the stupid things I can do... Want louder exhaust?
> Remove the muffler! :)

I get a kick out of the "trumpet" mufflers that kids put on their Hondas and
Toyotas.  Does tha "braaaap!" sound make it go faster?  Every time I hear
one, I think back to the 2-stroke dirt bike I had in highschool - made a
very similar noise...

I've decided to lift my truck about 3 - 4 inches so that I can put 36" tires
on it.  Overall, that should give it about 6 inches of additional hieght.
Then, I'll replace the exhaust all the way from the engine to the tailpipe -
probably free up about 50 ft-lbs of torque and 30hp.  After that, who
knows - maybe a supercharger - an additional 85 ft-lbs and 60hp?

Kurt