[geeks] VoIP

Michael A. Turner geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 15:27:11 CST 2001

	I do both voice and video over the internet a lot with very little
trouble these days. You need about 64K for h323 voice according to the
current standered, but this is with video. You may be able to shrink that if
you are just doing voice. Need any specific pointers just ask. Latency and
total bandwidth are your main killers but I have succesfulyl done a video
conference from my home using a cable modem to work with no problems. I get
about 40K output off my cable so I was a bit starved sending but recieving
was fine.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO