[geeks] FOIRL card rant

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 09:45:03 CST 2001

<rant>

I just finished reading that link about the FOIRL ethernet card. What a load
of shit. If these bozo's know what they are selling then they are spewing
outright lies and misleading suggestions.

Its a 10mbs card. Period. No matter how fast the bus is, its still 10mbs.
Its NOT fiber channel.
Its not speedy.
The only thing FOIRL is good for is overcomming distance limits of copper
(with some questionable full duplex benefits).

This reminds me of the DANMARK (sp?) catalog where everything is "infused
with technology" and other marketroid nuggets to sell crap.

</rant>