[geeks] Re: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 20:09:42 CST 2001

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> You can't imagine the smile on my face :) <---does not do justice

Kewl.

> Was looking a while back at getting a .50cal BMG bolt action - AKA "BFG".  I
> bought a .54cal black powder muzzle loader instead,  Why? about $1000 less
> expensive....

Yeah. People ask why I didn't get the full-auto M-16 instead. The rifle
itself is only a few hundred more. It's the $2500 federal tax stamp that
goes along with it that kills the deal.

A friend just got a .50cal Black powder rifle. Don't know the make. I
have 2 black powder pistols; an 1861 Colt and a six-shot Derringer, both
restored original, both presents from my wife.

---sambo