[geeks] Re: [rescue] OT [FWD LOCAL: Time Cube debate at MIT]]

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 19:43:15 CST 2001

linc at thelinuxlink.net writes:

>On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 dave at cca.org wrote:

>> patrick at zill.net writes:
>>
>> >Islam's history is in fact based on the worship of the moon god, not the
>> >Allah that Muslims claim to be the same as the one God that Jews and
>> >Christians worship.
>>
>> Equivalent problems exist in Judaism and Christianity's history.

>Perhaps you'd care to elaborate?  Keep in mind that I won't entertain the
>fact that Christianity and Catholicism are the same.

Ancient hebrew inscriptions have been found that refer to JHVH's wife.
JHVH's sudden appearence in the Old Testament, and his tribal-volcano-god
style at the time. The weird parellels with Egyptian monotheism during
Akhenaten's reign, a few generations before Moses took off. The obvious
Zoroastrian influence on Judaic mysticism buring the Babylon/Persian
period. Pre-Christian religions with Last Supper / Crucifiction /
Resurection traditions (multiple).

On the other hand, archeology *has* been confirming the basic timelines
of the Old Testament to a large degree recently, which would have been
considered radical only a few decades ago.

The specifically Catholic wierdness is all too recent and too well
documented to be particularly interesting.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------