[geeks] Re: [rescue] Retorical question: Anyone given "novices" Sun boxes todisplace Win systems?

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 17:42:06 CST 2001

> I was looking at those as well..  They run Linux off a cdrom and have a
> small flash (8 megs) for local storage of config files, etc..  Supposedly
> it isn't hard to hook a hdd to them at all, and then there is always the
> option of a netboot :-)

We have a NIC sitting in the foyer of our office.  It's currently powered
off, doing nothing.  We got it for free from ThinkNIC when we inked the
beginings of a partnership deal a couple months ago.

I have a 5GB notebook hard drive that should be trivial to install (unplug
CD-ROM, plug in HD).  I'll bet any current Linux distro would run like a
champ, just considering what I've seen onthe CD.

Kurt