[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 14:06:49 CST 2001

> That's a sweet model.  Only 5 lbs.  Good battery life.
> Apparently it's got some sort of carbon(fiber?) for it's
> case.  Felt a lot sturdier than my current Dell Latitude
> C600, but weighed much less.

OK, I was wondering what that material was. It clearly wasn't normal
"plastic" of any variety. It does feel odd to the touch and always looks
like it needs to be wiped clean. I have been surprised at how much abuse it
takes without scratching.

I have the optional plug-in battery (slips into the CD/DVD/floppy bay) and
can go forever on the thing. I usually use the built-in batt, but on
planes/etc. the aux batt is nice.