[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Scott Howard geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 03:18:43 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 04:09:01PM +0100, William S . wrote:
> I am thinking seriously of getting a refurbished Dell
> Latitude notebook. Anyone have recommendations on which model to
> buy? I will not be doing any fancy graphics/media stuff
> with it. I just want something I can take with me and
> use for connecting to the net and use to run some
> simple apps with Linux (and maybe intel Solaris).

If you're looking at Solaris you might want to stay clear of Dell's

If you have sunsolve access, look up Sun BugID 4431119.
If you don't, the short version is that many/most dell notebooks will
not work with Solaris x86 unless you use an external USB keyboard, which
sorta defeats the purpose of having a notebook...

  Scott.