[geeks] Re: [rescue] Boy, am I glad I didn't switch to Cable modem service...

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 13:40:32 CST 2001

> > customers.  Nobody at @home want to let their
> > company slip quietly into the
> > long goodnight - except the creditors (apparently).
>
> Well, they are owed $1B, and the previous attempts to
> sell @Home for $317M do not measure up to their
> hopes...
>
> Thirty cents on the dollar is about thirty cents
> better than nothing, but they want more...

I don't know what the other plan would be.  I mean, if AT&T is willing to
pay $.30 on the dollar, that would be better than what the creditors would
get if they dismantled the company and sold it piecemeal.  I would think.

Then again, the creditors wouldn't be "getting their pound of flesh" if they
let AT&T buy @home...

Kurt