[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 09:33:55 CST 2001

Why Dell? I really like my Toshiba laptops (Libretto 50|110, Portege
3015|3020, and Tecra 8000 - they range from *tiny*, to thin, to full-size
laptops)...

A Tecra 8000 with a 14" screen is a great box, later models even better,
IMHO. I have a PII/266 w/12" screen, and I get 3++ hours battery life, and I
can add a second battery (by removing CD), for 8+ hours operation.

Linux ran/runs great on my Tecra 8000 (RH 7.0+, never tried earlier), but
256 Meg RAM helps!

On the otherhand, most Dells are nice too, just don't have too much exp.
with them. My Company likes Dell Servers, desktops and laptops - no
significant problems...

Ken