[geeks] Re: Mac Quadra is up and running... Tee-hee!

Simeon Johnston geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 23:41:26 CDT 2001

> > The mac is made for 1 button.  It may not help you much to get a 4
> > button mouse.

I should have been a little clearer.  If you use the mac operating
system all you need is one button.  If your just learning you should
probably start w/ 1 button and see how it works.  Get a feel for it.
Figure out what you'd need 4 buttons for.
If you have a program that can use 4 buttons.  Go for it.  Most don't.

A 2 button is perfect because then you have the control-click on the
mouse.  4 buttons can be used but are not necessary.
Thats what I was trying to say.  I didn't quite get it though.
:)

> http://browsers.evolt.org for all your obsolete browser needs!

Very cool.

> In theory (I have doubts that reality is as nice) something as simple as
> mozilla should have no trouble.  In reality, some body really needs to
> spend a lot of time profiling and optimizing Mozilla.  Page rendering
> feels fast, but the rest of it seems slow.  Doing this on any platform
> would probably be a large help to all platforms.  I'd do this if I could
> get the source code to ever compile cleanly.

Maybe just adding graphical support to lynx would be easier.

It would be nice to have a browser around that was up to date and was
built for the older systems.

Another item added to the list of things to do when I finally learn to
program.  Create a fully functional browser that is up to date and
optimized for 68k machines.
I have a lot of other things on this list.  I should probably get
crackin' on C.
:)

sim