[geeks] Must be 50 ways to sell an Ultra 30...

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 09:03:37 CDT 2001

Ron Rosson wrote:

> > 1) A U30 200MHz, 256M of RAM, PGX32, and 2x4.5G drives.
> > 2) A spare 200MHz CPU.
> >
> > The question: Would anyone buy a U30 on Ebay configured as the above...?

I dunno, but I might be interested. Will it take the CPU and RAM from my
U10? A 440MHz cpu, if I recall, and 256M (2x128, if yours is also 2x128,
that'd make 512, not a bad number) RAM. Also the C3D.

Hmmm, does the 30 take regular SCSI or SCA drives?

Is there any reason for me to consider this? I'd be strippng the U10 to
a point that I might not be able to sell it either.

Thanks,

---sambo