[geeks] Careeer shifting

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 08:57:42 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 06:51:45AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
> > Still haven't used DB2 yet...
>
> last I heard DB2 for Linux was free for non-commercial use.

Yeah,I should try to get it going one of these days.  I probably would
need a new server for it though (something a bit more stock...).  I wonder
how it would run in 24megs of ram...

> And of course, Oracle 8i (free for non-commercial) ships with the Sol8 media
> kit (I have it if you need it).

Didn't know that, but I don't have anything that will run Sol 8, nor do I
really care to try it, unless they have innovative data types that I
haven't heard of, of course.

--
Joshua D. Boyd