[geeks] BEAUTIFUL rescue!!!

D Bhargav geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 02:37:02 CDT 2001

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Sorry ...the nostalgia is contagious. My experience here.

Reminds me of the time when I worked on the PDP 11/05.
A simple rugged machine which worked for over 18 years till
as late as 1995.

Oh yeah, there was also a teletypewriter model LA-36 to
punch in commands and get the output. We used huge floppy
disks (bigger than the 5 1/4 inch ones). It was fun cranking
up the system. In case something failed, we used to remove
a few cards and start off with the minimum h/w config.

I was a fresher out of college in '93 when I first came across
this machine and I loved it! And I did learn lots of things,
got my basics right because everything was so simple in the
machine.

Now I too can say that I did fiddle around a bit with one of
those wonderful machines. Makes you feel like a pilot who has
flown Spitfires as well as the latest fighters...

Bhargav