[geeks] Must be 50 ways to sell an Ultra 30...

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 22:14:15 CDT 2001

O.K., I am contemplating the best way to sell off my U30 (U60 is on the
way...).  I have a few options, based on the following facts:

1) U60 is coming with 1 300MHz CPU, of a rev that works with all video
   cards, and it has a Creator 3D series 3.
2) I have 2 additional 300MHz CPUs, identical to the one coming in
   the U60.
3) The U30 has a 300MHz CPU as well, It works with Creator series 2, but
   is listed as not compatible with the series 3.  It has a Creator 3D
   series 2.
4) My Ultra 2 (basenji.com) has 2 200MHz CPUs.
5) I have a PGX32 sitting on the shelf...

So, I am trying to figgure out the best way to set stuff up and still sell
of the U30.  After adding one of the 300's to the U60, I still have a
300MHz CPU left.  I could combine it with the 300 from the U30, and
upgrade the U2 to dual 300's.  I could then stick one of the 200's in the
U30 and sell it.  Also, since the U60 has two slots for UPA video cards, I
could also put both creator 3D's in the U60 and put the PGX32 into the
U30.

That would leave me selling off:

1) A U30 200MHz, 256M of RAM, PGX32, and 2x4.5G drives.
2) A spare 200MHz CPU.

The question: Would anyone buy a U30 on Ebay configured as the above...?

-Pete

-----
Peter L. Wargo
pwargo at basenji.com
Owner/operator of basenji.com.
"Zamfier has sold more records than the Indigo Girls.  As it should be."