[geeks] funky ass network nonsense

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 00:27:32 CDT 2001

i'm F-in cursed.  ok.  so my firewall is a sparc10 with a FDDI card, a fast E
card and a slow E card.  my workstation sits on the FDDI ring and the DMZ box
sits on the slow E interface.  ftp TO the dmz box, and i get 800Kbps, ftp FROM
the dmz box and i get 80Kbps.  something is WAY outta line here.

where the hell should i start looking?  could firewall rules be causing
something like this?

bah, between this and the frag issue (i can't go to dave web site, fragged ip
packets don't get back to me) i'm ready to throw in the towel and become a
mechanic (and if you don't know, i HATE working on cars)

-brian