[geeks] rlogin for MacOS

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 09:09:14 CDT 2001

From: "Simeon Johnston" <simeonuj at eetc.com>
> > > I'm trying to find a rlogin client for MacOS (pre X. Preferably for
8.6)
> > > and thought of this list.
> >
> > "macweenies at machelp.org" would be better, but check out this site:
> >
> > http://www.pure-mac.com/telnet.html
> >
> > -Pete
>
> Looks good.  One problem.  I need it to display graphics i.e. be seen as
> a display device.
> On the AIX it will launch any graphical application/X application via
> xdm on the IRIX.
> There doesn't seem to be any Mac program that will do this.
> Too bad...
> I suppose I'll have to try out macweenies (I really don't want to
> subscribe to ANOTHER list).
> :)
> Thanks
>
> sim

Won't you need an Xserver on the Mac to do that? I assume you mean you want
to export the DISPLAY on the remote machine to the machine you're sat at
then run a program on the remote machine that would display on the Mac?

Sounds like you need a Mac equivalent of eXceed, or maybe just use VNC?

How about MI/X? It's free, can't say how good it is though.

http://www.microimages.com/freestuf/mix/macindex.htm

Apple supply MacX but it aint free.

Will.