[geeks] Re: Mission of Burma

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 07:53:13 CDT 2001

At 05:45 PM 8/18/2001 -0500, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 04:29:55PM -0600, Will Jennings wrote:
> > To paraphrase the classic song "That's when I reach for my revolver",
> by the
> > punk band Mission of Burma, "That's when I reach for my delete key; that's
> > when that mail gets blown away"
>
>I had no idea anyone else had heard them.  I always loved mica(h), no
>clue how to spell.

[Moving this to geeks]

Funny, Andrea and I were talking about Mission of Burma
yesterday. She used to be acquainted with one of the guys from
MoB. Apparently one of them used to work at a local video store
(VideoSmith) in Jamaica Plain (a neighborhood in Boston) and also
at a used record store on Newbury street (fashionable shopping
district in Boston).

It sucks that members of one of the most influential bands of the
last 20 years has to work a day job to pay the bills.

-john