[geeks] Re: "Word Processing" != productive use of one's time....

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 23:31:14 CDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:

> I had to manage a book in Word.  I had enough trouble with getting the
> tables and images that if an occasional one wasn't on the same page, I let
> it slide.  I could literally spend hours finding over some of the more
> atrocios formatting gaffes that Word spit out, and sometimes it wasn't
> worth it.  People weren't impressed when I pointed out the LaTeX would
> make it a cinche.

I still miss Interleaf.  I did some 2000-page manuals on an SS1 (original)
and an IPX, back in the Enable days... (You will notice that we *did not*
do the manuals for Enable using Enable's Word Processing module.  In fact,
the *only* time I ever used Enable's WP was to make screen captures...

doG Damn, but that was a shitty WP.

-Pete
-----
Peter L. Wargo
pwargo at basenji.com
Owner/operator of basenji.com.
"Zamfier has sold more records than the Indigo Girls.  As it should be."