[geeks] @home has finally done it...

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 22:54:28 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 12:43:25PM -0700, David Passmore wrote:
> Bitching that your $40 a month service doesn't let you run a small ISP out
> of your basement is not going to get you anywhere. Get a connection that
> will serve your needs explicitly. Speakeasy will eventually come down on you
> as well, since they can no more escape the consumer DSL business model
> failure than anyone else can.
>
> You have two options: run your servers in co-lo (which is what I do) or get
> a business SDSL, T1, or frame-relay line.

I think what most of us are upset about is not that we don't get
everything for $40, but for most of us there is nothing inbetween poor $40
a month service, and decent $1000 a month service.  I could swing $100,
but not $1000.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/

IANAL: I am not a [lama|lawyer|luser|leper].