[geeks] @home has finally done it...

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 14:25:58 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 02:08:20PM -0500, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
> Speakeasy seems to be a good company.  I use RoadRunner these days, as
> my employer switched us to all paying for our own access and reimbursing
> us, so I don't want a contract.  Layoffs abound.

I'm glad I ditched my 2-year-old DSL connection through Jump.Net here in
Austin (circut from SWBell).  About a week ago, they (who just got bought
out by a telco from Dallas) quit offering DSL.  They say "You can order it
on the web page, but you cant call us up and order it over the phone."
uuhhh, I see bad things coming.

I dont see RoadRunner having any problems (e.g., ILECs going out of
business) or having money problems anytime soon (hell, the infrastructure
is ALREADY HERE).  Speed is faster than my DSL too; I consistently get
45K/sec uploads and 250K/sec downloads.  With my Linksys gateway/NAT box,
its a perfect setup.

never thought I would have almost-T1 speeds to my house.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net