[geeks] Re: "Word Processing" != productive use of one's time....

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 14:07:15 CDT 2001

[ On Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 13:52:17 (-0500), Reagen B . Ward wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Re: "Word Processing" != productive use of one's time....
>
> PS:  Greg, what do you do for a living that allows you to be so
> opinionated? :)  You must have a very understanding management structure
> or work for a very small company.

I'm a more-or-less self-employed consultant!  ;-)  I get paid to be
opinionated too!  ;-)

Of course no matter who I've worked for I've always spoken up about
technical issues that I don't find right or which don't have good solid
engineering foundations (though I'm not a real "Professional
Engineer[TM]", I do try to apply engineering principles to the things I
do).  Even when I've worked for larger companies I've never let
management tell me how to do my job -- I don't mind working together in
a larger team environment though, at least so long as the upper
management takes a consensus building approach .

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>